Gunter Reuter

01149/8179/8364
richard.reuter@web.de

A400 Convertible Sedan Returns to Germany Where It Was Originally Built. Gunter Reuter writes that his A400 #2607 was built at the Ford Assembly plant in Cologne, Germany and was delivered by the Meiser Machine and Tool Company to the first owner, Mr. Albert J. Longwell. He emigrated in 1938 with the car to New York. He sold it in 1953. The next known owner was from 1976 through 1984, Mr. Robert van Stavern of Lebanon, MO. From 1984 through 2000 Mr. J. Forrest Green of Corsicana, Texas was the owner. Gunter purchased it in 2000 in the US and returned it to Germany. The restoration process took 3 years and 7,500 hours of labor.


Click on image for larger view